Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hi. My name's Ann.

On a windy day in mid-August, Ann sat across from me in a tiny swedish cafe. While sipping cafe patron, Ann wore a simple black v-neck tee. Casually draped over, was a chain-link vest, adorned with tiny, bejeweled skulls. Ann's legs appeared to be painted a chrome color but upon further inspection,  were actually a silver legging. Ann's platform sneakers added about 5 inches, and reminded me of Baby Spice, in all her Spice World glory. Jewelry covered Ann's hands and wrists, while a perfectly circular pair of sunglasses adorned Ann's face. Who is this "Ann" I'm describing? Ann Drogyny.

As I left the house this morning, I realized my outfit could have easily been worn by an effeminate man. Or a man who just likes v-necks, skinny jeans, spiky boots and varsity jackets. Either way, I have no problem, but  began to realize how prominent androgyny is in current street-fashion. Mens-wear is womens-wear. Vice versa. Vini vedi vici. Carpe diem. Salute!


                     ^^^^^^^^    
                       Have I proved my point?

*photos courtesy of http://solestruckmens.tumblr.com bulletmedia.com and thesartorialist.com


1 comment:

  1. the print inspos are awesome! I discovered you on Chictopia today and thought I'd say hi!

    It would make me happy if you visited too!
    pandaphilia style
    blog sale

    ReplyDelete